Welcome to the Rivier IRB online submission system for all research proposals requiring either Expedited or Full reviews.
Be sure that you have all documents ready for upload before proceeding. Acceptable formats for text files are those that end with the extensions .doc, .docx, and .pdf.
Be sure to appropriately label all files appropriately with the lead investigator's last name, the year, and an indication of the particular component of the proposal included in the document.
For example, if William James were to submit the cover letter in September of 2011, the file would be named:
Though your proposal may require more documents, the minimum documents required to submit a proposal are:
- Cover letter that identifies the title of the study and the researchers involved, briefly outlines the design and rationale for the study, and specifies the particular type of review (i.e. Expedited or Full) requested
- Scan of the complete and signed Assurance of the Principal Investigator form
- an Abstract (fewer than 200 words),
- brief Background about the phenomenon being studied (no more than 3 pages)
- brief Significance of and Rationale for the proposed study (no more than 3 pages)
- a detailed and complete Methods section. The Methods must include sufficient detail such that all potential risks (i.e. physical, mental, emotional, financial, social) may be fully reviewed by the board. Be sure to reference how consent will be obtained (you will upload the consent form as a separate document), if necessary, how assent will be obtained (assent document to be uploaded separately), as well as all post-study debriefing protocols (to be uploaded separately), in addition to considerations given to any and all ethical concerns. All submissions must be in APA format.
- Appendices containing copies of necessary documents, including:
- Consent form(s)
- If needed, Assent form(s)
- Debriefing protocol(s)
- If used, questionnaires, surveys, or other data collection instruments